Buffalo Point Trailhead – Hike Antelope Island
Buffalo Point Trailhead can be the best winter hike in Utah with its the most spectacular views. With little effort and no snowshoes, virtually at all times, you possibly can take pleasure in this wonderful Antelope Island and Great Salt Lake vista in winter.
Buffalo Point Trailhead Hike Antelope Island
This article will give an overview of Buffalo Point Trailhead map, hiking trails, hike, hike Antelope Island, etc.
Buffalo Point Trailhead is a 1.6 kilometer closely trafficked out and again path situated close to Syracuse, Utah that includes a lake and is sweet for all talent ranges.
The Buffalo Point Trailhead is primarily used for mountain climbing, chook watching, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Canine are additionally ready to make use of this path however have to be stored on the leash.
Buffalo Point Trailhead at a glance
- Distance: 0.5 mile
- Elevation Gain: 200 feet
- Summit Elevation: 4,785 feet
- Kids difficulty rating: Easy
- Access rating: Level 1
The Buffalo Point Trailhead Route
From the appropriate aspect of the Café, there’s a massive signal and path going up the hill. After the primary little hill, there’s a bench if you’re winded. Proceed mountain climbing the place the path splits on the base of the steeper hill.
A previous path is seen to the left however you need to be directed to go to the appropriate the place the path does about 2 switchbacks to achieve the summit.
On high, the rocks are actually enjoyable for the children to play on and make for nice footage as properly.
Buffalo level presents a picnic space proper on the parking zone and a path to the Buffalo Level. Supplies’ view of The Great Salt Lake and Antelope Island.
The Buffalo Point Trailhead path offers a nice view of island wildlife. Bison, owls, antelope, and deer could be seen from this path. park benches are situated alongside the path aspect. The path is situated on the Northwest Quadrant of the Island.
Provides a view of The Great Salt Lake and Antelope Island. The trail offers a great view of island wildlife. Bison, owls, antelope, and deer could be seen from this path. park benches are situated alongside the path aspect.
The picnic space at Buffalo Point Trailhead is the right place to eat lunch or dinner. The picket deck is raised off the bottom and presents wonderful views of each Bridger Bay and the White Rock bay areas.
There are bogs situated to the north aspect of the picnic space and there are viewing scopes to the south of the picnic space
There are often a couple of vehicles parked and you’ll almost definitely see different hikers. The realm was as soon as dwelling to a small grill the place they might serve up buffalo and beef burgers, however now the restaurant has since moved to the Bridger Bay Seaside space and Buffalo level is now a self-guided tour and picnic space.
Buffalo Level Hike
On the north finish of the picnic space, you will note a path to the west of the bogs that results in Buffalo Level.
The path leads west for about .45 miles and you’ll come to the Buffalo Level. There are a couple of aspect trails however the principle path could be very clear and simple to comply with.
Buffalo Point Trailhead Entry
Take exit 332 off I-15, drive west on Antelope Drive to the park entrance. Pay a ridiculous value of $9 and proceed on.
As soon as within the Buffalo Point Trailhead park and throughout the causeway, comply with indicators to Buffalo Level Café. Park within the massive lot with a spectacular view.
Other Recommended Reading
- Grand Canyon National Park Weather – Time to Visit
- 20 Interesting Facts about Grand Canyon Nevada
- Grand Canyon Arizona – Great Natural Architecture
- Grand Canyon A to Z Information one Should Know
- Affordable Cabins in Grand Canyon National Park
- 30+ Grand Canyon Hotels with Better Reviews
- Grand Canyon South Rim – A to Z Travel Guide
- 39 Best Things to Do in Santa Barbara
- 20 Great Things to Do in Santa Cruz with Kids
- 14 Top Santa Cruz, CA Attractions Everyone Loves
- What are the Great Attractions of Mandalay Bay?
- A Complete List of Catalina Island hotels
- 9 Wonderful National Parks in California
- 14 Best Things to Do in Yosemite for Adventure
- 10 Awesome Things to Do in Napa Valley
- 13 Best Things to Do in South Lake Tahoe
- 11 Unique Things to Do in Palm Springs
- 31 Best Things to Do in Santa Cruz – A to Z Guide
Buffalo Point Trailhead Directions
Buffalo Point Trailhead can be a nice path for a 1.5-Three hour hike (relying on breaks).
1. Deliver huge spray!!! the portion of the hike subsequent to the salt lake the bugs had been relentless.
2. Watch out across the bison. There have been many close to and even on the path. At one level I went off the path and walked by means of a subject to present the bison sufficient house.
3. This hike is a combo of grassy hills, going round buffalo level and close to the shore of the good salt lake.
Total had enjoyable, nice hike, however, ran components of the final couple miles to get away from bugs.
Fee: Entrance and causeway charge for antelope island.